Sunday, December 12, 2010

::can I really believe it::

This little "work-cation" happened so quickly for me there was little time for anticipation. Literally, Wednesday night at rehearsal practice for the Christmas concert this Tuesday, I was making a list of people to contact in regards to changing my schedule and filling a list of things to do. I am a list-maker. It suites my A-type personality well.



The weather people have been calling for snow for over a week now and we've only been rewarded with a dusting. Today, it sounds like it has been a blizzard and the public school kids have a two-hour delay [at present] for Monday morning school. Maybe it will turn into a snow day on Monday.



I just want to LAND in Chicago on Tuesday and get to WORK Tuesday afternoon. I'm a bit sad that I am missing the snow delay with Mr. Max and Miss Rachel tomorrow. Oh well, I'll have to hope for another snow day before the winter season is gone.



So to prove that this has been a "work-cation", here's a list:

--house cleaned from top to bottom

--except for the windows [hopefully Monday...]

--grocery shopping

--two different types of cookies made

--a 30 minute workout

--a book read cover to cover in one day [hasn't happened in a while]

--chiropractor visit tomorrow for my dear, aching Opa

AND

--maybe I'll get the car cleaned [bonus points]



I'll be back in the snowy Midwest Tuesday, Lord willing...

Rebecca

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

2 comments:

followingsplendor said...

Yes! Lord willing--home on Tuesday--I need you Wednesday!:)

I am so happy you are there for your grandparents--you are a blessing--please tell them hello for us--

And soak up some sun...

simplysanctified said...

Just stopping by - it was nice to get an update and see that you are happy and blessed! :) Blessings always!