Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Remember when I mentioned that I am advertising on a blog?

It is with sweet Traci over at Beneath My Heart. She is super sweet and so easy to work with. I am so thankful for the opportunity to advertise on her blog!

I promised ya'll that I wouldn't turn my blog into a circus for my shop. However, I did want to give a personal testimonial.

A little-known, undesirable fact about me is that I struggle with fear. I didn't realize how much of a deep-rooted sin it was until last year when one of the assistant pastors preached on the "comfort sin" of fear. Eeeekk. That is me! Then, this past Sunday night, our missionary to Africa {back for a furlough} preached on fear. It was such a fantastic message!

On Friday night, I was worried, fearful about something. I popped out of bed and pulled out a set of my cards entitled Peace: Overcoming Fear. The neat thing about that set of cards is that it was specifically targeted to my current need. Yes, I could have individually looked up those verses. Even reading a large portion of Scripture would have been wonderful. But in that moment, it was like a shot of adrenalin to my spiritual heart to read those verses targeted directly to my soul.

So if you're ever wondering how you could use a set of cards {besides displaying them oh-so-nicely on your kitchen sink ledge} think about a set that will help you overcome a besetting sin.

Have a wonderful day...


Post-edit: I am now advertising over at Gussy!

1 comment:

Mrs. Murdock said...

I am pretty sure I need a set of those peace cards!