Thursday, September 17, 2009

Constitution Day

Today is Constitution Day!

I admit that I have not been a big fan or follower of the Constitution. I'm not saying that I thought that we should disregard it....NOT SAYING THAT AT ALL!!! I just didn't really pay attention to it. I knew it was important but had the idea that it was basically for other people to figure out and understand. I took a Government class in college and one semester was devoted to...gasp!....the Constitution. My attitude was...Come on already, we know it's important but let's talk about more interesting stuff like the judicial system, etc.

Little did I know how my attitude would change. No, I have not read the Constitution through myself (I should put that as a fall goal) but I try to be much more in-tune with it considering our current President. I've even heard of a "Constitution Party." If it's not in the Constitution, I don't want our government doing it!!

Here's an interesting link.

No comments: