Saturday, September 26, 2009

{waving} Hi Peeps!

Sorry I haven't updated...like really, really updated...in...um....forever!

I have been commenting on other people's blogs.

I have been reading other people's blogs.

I have been keeping up on the news (sort of).

I have been checking my email.

But I haven't been blogging. And it's not like I don't have anything to say. I've really been wanting to tell you about how the Lord has really been working in my life. And I'm learning so much. And I am so grateful. But somehow I feel like if I put it into a post...into words...,the sweetness of the struggle and ensuring victory will evaporate. Ever been there?

So I guess I'll just give an update about my life. I'm still blessed beyond measure. This week was comfortably busy. A few mornings off which was awesome. I am still nannying for a family in the afternoons.

Tomorrow is our church's 39th anniversary. So...I have to make two pans of a "twice-baked potato" recipe. And two dozen cookies to make...but they're pre-made. I just have to pop them in the oven. Ahhhhh......lucky me!

And I've really been loving my cello lately. I have literally been soaking my lessons in and I'm loving it!

My brother leaves for Africa (!!) in a little over a week (!!) for a month (!!). Yay for him (and for Rachel - who is leaving for Botswana). I just can't believe it's already time for him to leave. Wow!

I am (kind of) planning a trip to see my grandparents in October. There are still a few huge maybe's and if's attached. It would be fun but I'm not holding my breath. It's in the back of my mind like, "That would be so nice and so fun to do in October." Well, seeing that October is days away the maybe's and if's will have to fall into place very, very soon.

That's my life.

Fall goals update on the sidebar!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

LOVE the new background!
So your brother is headed to Zambia? Don't know how much he is into international travel, but I'm glad for him - a month is a pretty long trip. I'm just as comfortable in Africa as I am in PA...LOL! I love it there - like my second home!

Isn't it amazing how fast time flies?

Rebecca at Cotton+Wood said...

It is SO amazing how much time flies. I don't know how much he is into international travel, either, but he has been to England (we went as a family) and recently to Belize (South America). So a little travel experience but Africa is definitely an entirely new level.

Have fun!! I hope you find some good internet cafes with good connections so you can keep us updated. I love the pictures that you took earlier this year...especially the ones with the lions. Woah, girl, you're brave. :)