Thursday, June 24, 2010

Jr. Church game



So, I saw that adorable bucket at Target last weekend.  I decided if I could put a game together for Jr. Church quickly and {somewhat} cheaply, I would buy it.  Mission accomplished!  Sand was a little over $3 at Walmarts.  The toys were a little more than I had anticipated.  They were in the $1.99 bin but the price at the register rang up a different number.  Regardless, it was a fun game to put together.

However, the kids in my Preschool Jr. Church weren't so excited.  Unfortunately.  They were literally poking through the sand.  I thought they would be digging and throwing sand everywhere.  I had mentally prepared for the worst possible outcome in cleanliness.  The sand was slightly wet so that may have been the problem.

I'd like to use it again before the summer is out.  Maybe I should try something with water toys.  mmmmmmmmm.  :)  That would definitely be an adventure.

Check out this blog, Teaching for Eternity.

1 comment:

Julia said...

Thanks for the link! I am going to feature this post if you don't mind.