Saturday, June 26, 2010

what vacation?

I can barely function I am so excited about vacation!  Peeps, I have not gone on a vacation over a weekend for 3 1/2 years..........woooooooooo!!!  And we're leaving tomorrow night with my grandparents to go on a family vacation.  I've taken little 3 night vacays but nothing extended in a while.  Now, since I've been landlocked on good 'ole USA for the past 3 1/2 years, I have not minded one bit.  I have said {and it still rings true} that I'd rather travel the US of A by car than go on an overseas vacation.  Now I find myself going on an overseas vacation and the traveling bug has officially bitten me.  And I must say that going on this vacation with my family is no reflection on me.  Today, I was thinking how blessed and privileged I am to go anywhere on vacation.  This homegirl does not make enough money to go on a vacation, period--and I am not too prideful to say that.  I am only going based on the generosity and love of my Dad.  Thanks, Dad!  
I do have some posts scheduled to keep my readership {loosely} intact while I am away.  They will be reposts from my old blog that has been officially closed for over a year now.  I had a great time choosing the posts.

Several weeks ago, I was attempting to organize the monster mess of Disorganized Pictures and came across these. THEN, I realized that they're all vacation pics so what a perfect opportunity to post them now.



::my favorite picture of my parents...taken in the mid '90's....my Dad's a lot thinner and my Mom's hair is different but they're still as awesome::


::this is such a beautiful picture of exactly how I remember my Mom when I was a little girl::
{if this picture was taken at this exact time this year, there would be tar balls behind her--this was in Fairhope, AL--one of my favorite places on earth}


::this picture is hilarious only because of me and David--LOOK at my feet--I was in complete denial that my little brother was taller than me::


::memories::boat + water + my brothers + sunshine = wonderful!::

5 comments:

Lacey said...

I'm trying to get my family to go on a vacation, too! We haven't been on a *true* vacation out of state in a LONG time. Where are you all going? Have a great time!

simplysanctified said...

Have a ton of fun on vacation!!

Rebecca at Cotton+Wood said...

We are going on a Baltic Sea cruise. I can't believe it. Thanks for the well wishes ya'll!!

Lacey said...

Sounds like a blast!!

Sharon said...

Have a GREAT time on vacation! Sounds wonderful! Loved the pictures.