Saturday, January 1, 2011

::re-cap of my goals::

[sigh] My New Year's celebration was wonderful. How was yours?

Fittingly, I must do a beginning of the year post. Remember my list of things to do before I turn 30?

One of the most formidable things on that list is to memorize Psalm 119.  I have been wanting to do this for a while and I figured two and a half years would give me enough time to complete this task.  Well, I have the first eight verses almost memorized but a very long way to go.

So, I decided to participate in Mega Memory Month.  I can feel my brain stretching just thinking about it.  The idea is to set forth a goal that is mega for you.  I decided that if I could successfully memorize the first 72 verses by the end of this month, I would be well on my way to accomplishing one of my goals.  That is one and one-third pages of my Bible which seems like mucho.

So, cheer me on because this is going to be an awfully busy month!

Here's a peek at how I'm doing with the rest of my list.

--read the Bible through twice on a 90 day schedule [haven't started]
--visit the Sight & Sound theater [check]
--visit the Eighth & I [maybe this summer....we will see]
--a big, long road trip [not yet]
--run a half marathon [I bought my running shoes...
--learn to make a really great pie with a homemade crust [haven't even attempted]

Happy New Year...

2 comments:

Ann Kroeker said...

Wow, now that's *mega*! I'm so glad you're joining me for Mega Memory Month, and I'm so impressed that you are moving ahead with your long-range goal. If you've already memorized the first eight verses, that cuts down to 64 verses in 31 days. That's about two verses per day. It's aggressive, but why not? What is the psalm that says with my God, I can scale a wall? With our God, we can tackle a mega memory project. I'll pray for you--for us all--that we finish well!

Amy said...

WOW indeed! 72 verses in a month is huge! blessings on you as you work. I responded to your comment on my blog--wanted to make sure you see it.