Wednesday, November 10, 2010

::an applicable Guide Book::

You know, I find it hard to relate to people who have a perfect life. Wait. I'm not saying that anyone has a perfect life [no problems, struggles, or trials] but some peeps [online and in real life] seem to portray their life as such.

I struggle deeply, at times. Thank the Lord for His Word which lights my steps.

Today, I was reading through chapters 3 and 4 of Exodus and it struck me afresh how many times Moses doubted himself. Moses. You know the man who is a patriarch. Okay. So I can relate to doubting myself.

Exodus 3:6...he was afraid to look upon God [God had just revealed Himself in the burning bush].
Exodus 3:11...Moses asks God, "Who am I?"
Exodus 3:13..."And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them?"
Exodus 4:1...Moses argues that the Israelites will not believe him.
Exodus 4:3, 6...God turns the rod into a snake and turns Moses' hand into leprosy.
Exodus 4:10...Moses says he is not eloquent.
Exodus 4:14...God's anger was kindled against Moses.

I just love that the Bible is so applicable for each one of us in each of our own personal struggles. It gives us the answers for a victorious life but never promises that we will be perfect or that our lives will be smooth and carefree.  The Bible does command us to be perfect [Matthew 5:48] but doesn't tell us we will be sinless.  It's amazing that a hero of the Bible had struggles similar to my own. 

6 comments:

Karen said...

Rebecca, thanks for being real! An encouragement to me - knowing others struggle in areas and I'm not on the journey with HIM alone. I need to stay at His feet and His Word more and more each day.

Anne Williams said...

Amen, Rebecca! A friend and I were just talking about struggles last evening (right after we heard a message on "What to do when You're Discouraged" of course!!!). Praise the Lord that He gave us a practical and applicable Bible...

Ellen Grant said...

It's way too hard to be perfect all the time =) As you well, know, I don't even try to hide my imperfections! ha! Thankfully the Lord uses imperfect people to do remarkable things!

Rebecca at Cotton+Wood said...

Yes, I know that, Ellen!! :)

Michelle said...

This is so helpful! It's so nice to know that I'm not the only one dealing with doubts.

Andrea Speckhals said...

Thank the Lord for using you to encourage me today!