Tuesday, November 16, 2010

::magical::

I don't post very many recipes on my blog because I do not consider myself an expert.  I love to cook and bake, though.  Last night, I made this batch of peanut butter cookies from one of Paula Deen's cookbooks.  It is truly magical because it is so easy and delicious!

Magical Peanut Butter Cookies
1 cup peanut butter, creamy or crunchy
1 cup of sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease a large baking sheet.  Combine all four ingredients and stir well with a spoon.  Roll the dough into balls the size of walnuts.  Place the balls on the prepared baking sheet.  With a fork, press a crisscross design on each cookie.  Bake for 12 minutes, remove from the oven, and sprinkle the cookies with sugar.  Cool slightly before removing from pan.

Easy.  Easy.  Easy.

Next time, I will press Hershey Kisses into the top.  Peanut butter + chocolate = my favorite!

7 comments:

Kali said...

Mmmmmm...

followingsplendor said...

No flour? I must try these!

Laura said...

These sound delicious!

Anne Williams said...

Peanut Butter + chocolate = my favorite too!!!

I love to cook, but not so much bake, but I'm going to try this recipe because it looks too easy:o). Thanks for sharing!

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

i love pb anything - might need to try this! yum!!

Rebecca at Cotton+Wood said...

No flour, no baking powder, no baking soda...that's why they're magical! Mrs. Murdock, I almost couldn't believe it either until I made the first batch. :)

Anna said...

That's it? They truly ARE magical! Thanks for sharing!! :)