Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I can't complain

Saturday night, I was laying in my bed and reading my Bible and thinking about how lucky I am. You see, I was thinking about some of the kids that I know through our church's Sunday school bus program. How in the world can I complain after what some of these kids go through?

I definitely don't know very many specifics about this situation but there are two kids on my brother's bus who have been required by court to live with their mom. It is an absolutely horrible situation. And the girl (who is 12 or 13) is the sweetest thing ever. I'm serious. She is honestly so sweet. Everyone who meets her, loves her; she's that type of kid. I've never met her brother.

But anyways, I was so burdened about them on Saturday night. I felt like the Lord laid them specifically on my mind and heart to pray for them at that moment to keep them from danger, protect them, and allow them to be able to come to church the next day. (They did!)

I was so convicted. Here I am laying in my safe, comfy, warm house yet I gripe (maybe not outwardly but inwardly) about how I don't have this or that. Not even necessarily material things but priviliges or "rights" or opportunities. I was so chastened in my heart while I was praying for these children.

I don't post pictures of the kids on my bus on my blog for privacy issues. But I wish ya'll could meet some of the kids. A lot of our kids come from fairly stable homes. Our bus route is way out in the country so it's different than an inner-city type work.

But regardless, I am so blessed. I hope I don't forget it soon.

1 comment:

tiff said...

oh my gosh! yes! i know what you mean. i could sit and tell you story after story of these little kids lives. how sad and horrible! so unstable! yet one day out of there week, they can come and be loved and know someone really cares! I heart my bus kids. i would love to just sit down with you and swap stories! :)

thanks for this post deary!

t~