Friday, April 24, 2009

rushing-rushing-rushing

On Monday, I worked for the Pape's (my fave's to work for). It was hectic.

Here's what I did:
  • pick-up Maria from school at 11am
  • tennis at 12pm
  • art at 1pm
  • pick-up John at 2:30
  • drop off John for hockey
  • drop off Maria for dance at 4pm

I was so frenzied when I came home from rushing-rushing-rushing. Plus, add to that the fact that I misplaced my phone. I was not in a pretty mood.

SO, I determined in my heart that I would never rush around like that when I had a family. I was going to post this big-ole' long diatribe about it in a blog post.

On Monday night, my parents and brother were at a banquet at church so I did several things "ahead of time" to prepare for the week because of the conference at our church. I thought that if I'd determined that I wouldn't run my family like that, I might as well start while I'm single.

And then I thought maybe I was being a little unrealistic. Everyone goes through busier times. And no, the house isn't always going to be perfect. So I scrapped the blog post.

UNTIL, the last preacher of the conference preached on last night "The Jesus of the Bible". He made a statement that struck a chord with me. It wasn't even a point in the sermon, just something he mentioned during a point. He said, "Jesus was always pressed for time [he was very busy] but he was never rushed."

SO, I determined right then and there that I was going to run my household that way. My new mantra....NO RUSHING!

I was taking a nap today after work because I stayed up ridiculously late last night talking with friends. I was trying to drift off to sleep but I had things running through my head that I needed to get done. I'm also thinking....NO RUSHING....and....Jesus probably didn't take naps during the day. :)

It's my new resolution to get things done ahead of time because rushing never brings out the best in me. I don't know about ya'll but calmness is something I enjoy!

No comments: