Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I must explain my absence

This week at our church is our annual conference. When I was in high school, it was a huge deal because there were competitions to win scholarships to our college. There is a service Tuesday through Thursday mornings and then a service each night with two speakers those same evenings. So, I've been busy with that plus sprinkle in work and extra obligations at church. Random, random, random things were floating in my mind on what to blog about. So random that I don't even think I could generate a post on each point. Here's a weird little list.

  • So why in the world do I cough into my right hand, the hand that I use to shake other people's hands? WHAT in the world? A pastor that our family has known for years came last night with his wife and a few people from his church. It was so good to talk to them. However, somehow, someway, I got something caught in my throat at the most inopportune time and I was coughing. Weird, weird, weird!
  • INCREDIBLE messages last night. INCREDIBLE!!! And ya know, the devil always finds ways to stir up teeny little grievances after awesome services. Nothing big. Someone came to me with a misunderstanding and I am still totally confused but I realized that the devil is laughing his head off because little things come up after awesome services to make you forget what you just heard. Ever have that happen to you before?
  • I have had two girls come and finish badge work for Master's Club since Thursday night. Our last (!!!) Master's Club is after the conference and so they're trying to earn a few more badges before the end of the year. That's encouraging!
  • I have cello lessons today and am totally and completely not ready. I seriously want to cancel. I've been so busy practicing things for church and the conference that I haven't had time to practice my lesson stuff. Scream!
  • AND, I have to leave for work in a little while.

Have a fabulous week, everyone!

No comments: