Wednesday, April 7, 2010

excursion!

In December, when my brother and I went with some friends to Chicago, we stopped by Macy's department store.  Marshall Field's was known for their beautiful window displays at Christmas and apparently Macy's has kept up the tradition.  It's an event to simply visit Macy's!  While we were there, my brother {the eager conversationalist} struck up a conversation with one of the employees.  She told us about the spring flower show at Macy's and that it was so beautiful.  I tucked that bit of information in the back of my mind and promptly forgot about it.

Over the weekend, my aunt came to visit us for a few days -- very, very fun!  I was looking for interesting things to do in downtown Chicago for a day and just-so-happened to see an ad in the paper for the Macy's spring flower show!  Ka-ching!

We planned to go downtown on Monday but decided to rearrange our plans.  The demolition of our kitchen began on Monday morning and it was a bit hectic getting all of the food in the proper places. 

Long story short, my Mom and I decided to go today.  I had two cleaning jobs scheduled but we fit it in the late afternoon.

Sadly, the only thing I came away with was this beautiful brochure:


I say "sadly" because we had a slight camera mishap so there are no pictures!

The flowers were beautiful!  The first floor had an exquisite aroma!  And they had all types and kinds of flowery merchandise for sale.  I am currently in love with flowers on clothes and shoes.  It was a lovely afternoon {even though it rained}.

No comments: