Tuesday, June 23, 2009

yes, I still love you!

So sorry that I haven't been blogging regularly. Now as I type this, I think of others who take their lack of bloggging with wonderful stride. No apologies from them. But I have noticed a few other gals my age that haven't been blogging as much either and they apologized. So my apologies. Life has just taken over.

I guess I'll write about what has been consuming most of our time and energies these days and that is my Granny. I spent the night with her last Thursday night which was the same day that she was released from the hospital. I thought I would get intermittent sleep. Are.you.kidding.me.?? Right!! Basically, I slept from 10:30-11:00PM and 4:45-6:00AM. Goodness! It was a really rough night. My term: the mother of all nightmares.

The good people at her assisted living center said (all of a sudden) that she would need 24/7 care. Oh, okay! After they had said that she would be just fine living at the assisted living center and that they could handle her just fine. My poor mother. She has been running helter-skelter since my Granny broke her hip almost two weeks ago. After that proclomation from the fine folks at the assisted living center (hereafter: FFALC), my Mom called around and hired a care giving service to come stay with Granny for two nights in a row. She was supposed to be transferred to a rehab center on Monday (yesterday).

Since that didn't happen, I decided to stay the night last night to keep in the good graces of the FFALC. Last night was marvelous compared to Thursday night. I actually did enjoy intermittent sleep. My Granny is doing better (said hesistantly). We're moving her to the rehab center because she gets more therapy there. At the asssisted living center, the therapist only comes three times a week. At the rehab center, she'll receive therapy twice a day. The rehab centers around here is a nice name for a nursing home. And we have always said that a nursing home is the very last resort. But that's what we're gonna have to do. I honestly believe that my Granny will be able to make a speedy recovery. She is in excellent health except for back problems and now this hip problem. The goal is to get her back to her assisted living center soon! We're even reserving her room for a little while until we can gauge how quickly (or slowly) her recovery is going.

So there you have it. My update.

I did some re-decorating on the bus we use for Sunday school pick-ups. Pictures will be posted soon!

No comments: