Wednesday, May 6, 2009

gardening

My mom and I went on our spring pilgrimage to the gardening center way out in the country. Love it! Filled with lots of old, classy, country people. Love it!

Our mission today:
  • vegetables for our vegetable garden (we're building a raised bed this year)
  • flowers for the front pots
  • plants for the end of the driveway
  • filler flowers
  • hanging baskets

We saw:

  • a lady with a pig (she was petting and holding it like it was a cat)
  • beautiful conical shaped standing planters
  • lots and lots of plastic hanging baskets (my Dad hates those!)
  • so many pink and yellow and red and coral flowers to choose from
  • an old man sitting in a chair putting boxes together for carry-out (I'd love that job!)

I tried to take a picture of our truck filled to capacity but my camera battery was dead again.

More pics later!

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

Bec, it has been soooo good to catch up on the news....I don´t get to check it as much as I used to, but I ALWAYS enjoy reading your posts.....reminds me so much of home.