Friday, May 15, 2009

texting

So on my phone, texting is not in the plan. Yep. I'm one of those backwards, hilly-billy peoples that's not up to date with society. I don't have texting on my phone! (Wish I did, though.) I do send and receive a few but I try to keep them to a minimum, I mostly use it for communicating with a lady I work for.

Anyways, about a week and a half ago, I received a text message that said "hello....". I don't respond to texts that say "hello....". So I deleted it. Within a few hours, I received another text message that said, "hello......". I'm like, WHO IN THE WORLD??? So I did a reverse phone look up and was able to pinpoint who it might have been. Turns out it was a friend who had recently gotten my number. Okay.

So last night I got a text that said - I quote - "your mad...". Well actually, no, I'm not mad. WHO IN THE WORLD?

(And it's you're not your.)

So I texted back saying, "Who is this????"

Turns out it was some guy named Adam looking for Sara.

The 3rd text he sent said, "my bad. sorry bout that your probably not mad at all! have a good life" I typed that exactly as I received it. Whew!!! Our language and writing skills are going out the same window as excessive texting!

Anyways, that last text cracked me up. I did not respond to it but it just made me laugh. From one stranger to another, "have a good life".

Are ya'll texting fiends?

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm quite addicted to texting. :)
My family is far and wide, and if it weren't for texting, it would be hard to stay in contact with each other. We are like ships passing in the night sometimes!
And it's a nice way to keep in contact with friends across the country from day to day. I'm not big for talking on the phone, and most of my friends aren't big on emailing, so texting works for us!

My life by me! said...

I love, love, love texting and it drives people crazy because I usually don't use text "speak" because I hate, hate, hate it!

4,000 messages in one month are not a bad thing..right?

Rebecca at Cotton+Wood said...

4,000 messages in one month! That's rivaling my texting-queen cousin. :)