Wednesday, May 13, 2009

just thinking...

Events have led me to ponder this thought over the past couple of days. I've contemplated this before, but it's been brought up again to my memory.

You know the verse in Ruth (ok....specifically....ch. 2 vs. 3) where it's talking about Ruth and her going into Boaz' field. It says, "...and her hap was to light on a part of the field belonging unto Boaz." In other words, she just happened upon Boaz' field. She wasn't out searching for him. She wasn't putting the spotlights out for him. She wasn't chasing him. Confession: can I tell you how many times I've failed that verse in college? And it took me a little bit after college to actually understand that the guy was to find me not me find him. And before ya'll go thinking that I was some nasty girl chasing guys, I'm not saying that! AT ALL!

I'm just sayin' that I think girls sometimes try to arrange dates, etc...with guys instead of letting God arrange it. I think that girls should just be going about their normal daily routine and in doing the normal, God brings the guy.

My parents quote Dr. Bob (Jones, Sr.) with a very incredible quote. It kind of follows the same theme. You don't find happiness looking for it, but rather stumble upon it on the path of duty. Forgive me if it is not word perfect but you get the idea.

Girls don't (necessarily) find the guy that God wants for them looking and searching for "Mr. Perfect" but rather doing what God has called them to do and in doing that, HE brings "Mr. Perfect" into their life.

I think a lot of ya'll single girls who read here are of the same mind. I just wanted to put it down in a post because I've been thinking about it lately.

Confusing? Hopefully not.

No comments: