Saturday, May 30, 2009

for my reference

A few weeks ago, one of our assistant pastors preached an excellent message on joy. I love the topic of joy in the Bible because I love to be happy. But the pastor pointed out the source of our joy. Awesome!

(Please excuse me if this is not exactly correct. I'm copying off my notes -- which was my take-away from the sermon.)

1. Joy in the performance of God's work
Ps. 126:5 - They that sow in tears shall reap in joy.
Luke 15:10 - Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.

2. Joy in the power of Christ's resurrection
Matthew 28:8 - and they departed quickly from the sepulchre with fear and great joy; and did run to bring his disciples word.

3. Joy in the pursuant of God's will
Hebrews 12:2 - Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

4. Joy in His presence
Acts 2:28 - Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.
Acts 13:52 - And the disciples were filled with joy, and with the Holy Ghost.

George Muller said that the Christian's greatest responsibility is to rejoice in His God.

Amen!!

No comments: