Saturday, May 23, 2009

Ok...so I can't attend three weddings in three weeks in a row at our church without talking about weddings! This is typically a topic I steer clear of. Not because I'm bitter or cynical...umm...no, but what's the point? My mind has been spinning with things I want to do if/when I get married. I always say, "if/when" because I truly don't know if I will get married(at this point).

Side note: singleness isn't as bad as it's cracked up to be. Of course there are lonely times. And after a wedding, I would be lying if I didn't say I wished it for myself. But it truly isn't that bad.

Ok so last night, the girl that got married was a year younger than me in school. We grew up together. Her mom is the one I've mentioned before who recently passed away with cancer. It was the sweetest wedding. After the vows & prayer, the pastor forgot to say, "you may kiss the bride"; he just went right into the part...."I'd now like to introduce...". We're all sitting there, like, um....the kissing part? The groom leaned over to the pastor and you could hear him say, "Can I kiss her?" Everyone just started laughing. It was great. It took off any tinge of sadness that was present because the bride's mother wasn't there and totally dispelled it (at least I thought). The reception was fun and happy. It was just absolutely one of the best weddings I've been to at our church!

It's so fun to dream....every once in a while....about "some day, at my wedding....".

No comments: