Wednesday, May 19, 2010

You know, I believe that God wants to guide us {me} in even simple things like purchases at the store.

Seriously.  Ever thought that before?

This is what I'm talking about:

Last Thursday, I popped into Hallmark to pick up a few things and my eye caught a movie.  I try to be real picky about movies that I watch because there aren't that many {in my opinion} that are clean.  But this was a Hallmark movie and it looked real good.  I picked it up and fully intended to purchase it.  But I could tell the Holy Spirit was saying, "No. No. Not today. Maybe later.  No. Wasting money."  So I asked the lady how often they sell out.  Yes, they sell rather quickly.  Bum-mer.  Oh well.  But, it felt oh-so-good to obey.

Monday, I didn't have to work and it was raining and the builder was going to be installing new trim and doors in my room and the house is a TRAIN WRECK from all of the construction.  {But that is a post for another time.}  All this meant that there was not a lot to do at home.  So, Mom and I decided to "run errands."  I have mentioned here and there that our family is going on vacation.  {I'll post more about that later.}  But I decided/figured out that I need a new bag.  A purse-bag.  A purse for vacation but something that will morph into a bag for life after vacation.  There aren't washers and dryers for public use on this vacation that we're taking and I am a notoriously heavy packer so cutting the bags down to one seems to be part of my solution to my problem.  Anyways.  I found an adorable bag at Marshall's.  It had ruffles.  It was so cute.  But I did not feel right about buying it.  I needed to WAIT! 

Tonight:  while I was out "running errands," {something we apparently do a lot of around here}, I stopped by the public library.  Guess what?  I found the movie I had wanted to purchase last week.  Awe-some!  Not that it was wrong to purchase the movie, it's just that I didn't need to last Thursday.

Then, I went to.......[drumroll]........Target.  I'm telling you, I have their end displays memorized.  Lo and behold, what should catch my eye but a new end display right when I walked into the store with the cutest purse/bag morph right before my eyes.  And it was more than half of the price of the other bag.

So I learned a lesson.  Because I canNOT know when cute and cheaper things can be found in the future, God does know.  So listening to HIM in simple areas WILL save me a lot of money.  Fantastic!

No comments: