Saturday, May 1, 2010

This week of Preaching Conference was incredible!

Of course, I was able to chat with Anne for a bit on Tuesday which was nice.

Every sermon was a blessing.

My grandparents pastor from Florida was one of the speakers and he is such an outstanding pastor.  My grandparents love going to that church!!  My brother and I were able to go out to eat {to the grand place of Mickey D's--the only place open in our tiny town} with him after two of the services.  That was nice.

I was blessed to be able to set up my verse cards on a table at the Conference.  That was a huge blessing.  I sold some cards!  Yay!  Now my hope and prayer is that this past week was a springboard to reach more people.  I honestly want to be a blessing to others with those cards.  One of my friends bought two sets of cards recently.  She was able to give a set on "Comfort" to a girl who was re-diagnosed with cancer in her church.   It's a blessing {and success} to know that the cards were used to encourage someone.

And of course, most importantly, the preaching was wonderful.  I really wanted to be changed not just moved.  I was waiting for my "clincher" message.  It finally came on Thursday night.  The first pastor that night had a sermon about longing for God.  It hit me square between the eyes.  Square between the eyes.  I think the Lord has been working on me in certain areas and it was leading up to that sermon.  I praise the Lord for the conviction of the Holy Spirit!  I never want to be cold.

With my new phone {woo-hoo!} I'm not on the computer as much compulsively checking my email.  That is a  ++.  Anything to limit my computer time is a positive.  So, I feel like I've been neglecting this little corner but it's all about improvement.  So that's a good thing.  I've missed ya'll.  How was your week?

1 comment:

Mrs. Murdock said...

I missed you too...but I was gone as well. I had to agree with all of your statements about Preaching Conference. I committed to spending more time longing for God instead of longing for blogs...everything in moderation!