Tuesday, July 6, 2010

ahoy, mates!

Hi peeps!

I am typing here from Helsinki, Finland and may be quite literally paying for this internet time with an arm and a leg. :) Online time on the ship is expensive!

We have had absolutely lovely weather {thanks global warming} and we are so close to the Arctic Circle it is amazing! We have one more short tour tomorrow in Stockholm, one day at sea, and then one day flying home. Yay! This country girl is ready to get back to peace and quiet. But I have really enjoyed being with my family and seeing exotic places that I am quite sure I will never see again.

The crew on the ship is very friendly and we've had fun getting to know more about them. The hardest days of sightseeing were in St. Petersburg. It was very tiring but stunning. It is hard to imagine how the czars lived so exotically while their people were starving. Unreal. I'm so thankful for America!

I miss keeping up with everyone and their blogs so hello to all of my peeps out there. I click on a few blogs in my reader here and there but I don't have time to ready everyone.

Hugs to everyone and I'll "see" you this weekend! :)

Rebecca

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Safe journeys! See you soon!