Monday, July 5, 2010

::REpost::01January09::

amazing, isn't it? but then again, not really!

Bear with me for a little bit with this post while I give some background and set it up for what I'm trying to get across.

I'm sure this has happened to you. This has happened to me this week - and it's not the first time.  During my devotions/ personal time with the Lord, He has been working on me about PRAYER.  Then, the verse I was teaching to the bus kids this week was Hebrews 11:6, "Now without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he that cometh to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of them who diligently seek Him."  The words that I put in bold are the words that I really emphasized with the kids.

I find such conviction in the stories or lessons or verses that I teach.  Whether it's on the bus route, in Master's Club, or Sunday school.  How can I get up there and tell the kids to trust God, obey His Word, have faith, etc...when I don't do it myself?  OOOOOOOOhhhhhhh.  I hate hypocrisy.  So I better start talkin' the talk and walkin' the walk!

Back to the verse I was teaching on Sunday.  I asked the kids to raise their hands if they wanted to please God.  I want to please God!!  And they all did to.  That's the point.  Everyone wants to please God.  But it's impossible to please Him without faith.  On to the second half of the verse.  He rewards those who diligently seek Him.  I used the example of a scavenger hunt.  Isn't there a TV show that's like a giant scavenger hunt?  Who wouldn't search diligently for hid treasure?  Anyone would!  Ding! Ding! Ding!  The Lord is dinging me in my conscience.  Diligently seek Him.  Diligently seek Him.  Diligently seek Him.  Diligently = more time in His Word and PRAYER!

Then, on to Sunday night's sermon.  I could never do it justice by quoting from the sermon.  I don't normally take notes.  So what I'm going to type is my "take-away," what the Lord hit me about and what I remember.  Pastor W. used Scriptures from Isaiah 41, "When the poor and needy seek water, and there is none, and their tongue faileth for thirst, I the God of Israel will not forsake them.  I will open rivers in high places, and fountains in the midst of the valleys; I will make the wilderness a pool of waters, and the dry land springs of water, I will plant in the wilderness the cedar, the shittah tree, and the myrtle, and the oil tree; I will set in the desert the fir tree, and the pine, and the box tree together:  That they may see, and know, and consider, and understand together, that the hand of the Lord hath done this, and the Holy One of Israel hath created it."

He was pointing out that we don't recognize the fact that we're needy.  And we're satisfied with so little!  I am!  I am satisfied with little, and God wants to give me much.

From Isaiah 44, "For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground:  I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring."

I pictured in my mind dry, barren and cracked earth and a little watering wand wetting the ground.  And I get excited over that?  Yes, it's good.  But God wants to give me MORE.  He wants to give me floods, rivers, and fountains.

But, then it goes back to the verse that I was teaching the kids.  Diligently seek Him.  So I end by saying.  Isn't it amazing how God starts to work on your heart in a way during the week.  Then, boom!  There's a sermon that solidifies it and stirs it up in your mind more.  I love it when that happens to me!  But it's not really that amazing because God knows what I need, when I need it!

Hope you were blessed by this long post.  That sermons is still stickin' to me!  Love it, love it!  Thank you, Lord, for sweet and needed conviction!

Post-edit:  Whew...long post.  Re-typed partially for my benefit.  This was a great reminder for me and I have the most perfect opportunity to spend more time diligently seeking Him while on vacation.

No comments: