Friday, July 16, 2010

Thursday nights


L
O
V
E

Thursday nights at our church in the summer.

I love the preaching and the prayer time.

Different staff and faculty men preach during the summer.  We have had some incredible sermons this summer.  In fact, my Dad just mentioned this tonight at dinner.

So, this past Thursday night, the staff man who preached challenged us towards missions, souls, our Christian testimony.  He used an illustration that I have heard/read before but it was still as poignant.  The illustration compared the brand of Coke vs. Jesus.  Most of the world has heard of Coke.  A large percentage of the world has tasted Coke.  Ten times as much money is spent on Coke than on world missions.  Ten times!!

When I got home on Thursday night, I thought, "What if....for each Coke {or Pepsi -- for me} that I {we} wanted to buy, I {we} saved the money for one month, put it into a jar and gave this money to the mission fund at church." 

It's not a ginormous sacrifice.  

But what am I willing to "sacrifice" for missions?

No comments: