Thursday, October 8, 2009

call to action

Ok. Here I go again on a "political" rant.

If you have not signed up for AFA's alerts in your inbox, you really should.

Here's the link.

Today, the Defense Appropriations bill was passed (just in the House, I believe). Attached to the bill was a smaller bill that greatly expanded "hate crimes" legislation. Now, on Fox News, an article claimed that pastors would be protected. However, I believe if this bill is passed in the Senate, pastors will eventually be targeted. If it doesn't happen immediately, it will in the future.

We have to keep in mind that II Timothy 3:12 says, "Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution."

But I do believe that as Christians, our voice should be heard about issues that directly attack Biblical values. It doesn't take more than a quick email or call to your Congressman. I called this morning to my two Congressmen and Senator. Some may worry about what to say. Don't be worried about that part. Just tell them that you are concerned and want your legislator to oppose the bill regarding such-and-such. They'll probably ask for your name and/or address. It seriously is painless!

If you're already involved, GREAT!!

If you're not, I wasn't either until recently. And it doesn't take much of my time. But I feel that Christians should let their voice be heard!

No comments: