Wednesday, October 28, 2009

{sundry, un-important bits of information}

Just completed watching Wives & Daughters for the second time. (Last week, my Mom & I watched Cranford...she loved it!) So I like Cranford better than Wives & Daughters the second time around. And my new favorite character in W&D (besides Molly) is Lady Harriet. LOVE her! She's upper class but she takes Molly has her "protege." I heart her! And my Mom loved Cranford. The characters are so kind, thoughtful, considerate, etc...It's hard to find wholesome movies like that any more these days. Next on the list for me & my Mom is North & South. Any other Elizabeth Gaskell's that I should watch?

I have been working like crazy lately. I find it hard to complain about that. I am so thankful. But...wow...scrubbing on my hands & knees, up & down for hours in a day is...uh....painful?!!!

Been pondering a lot about the idea of principle. Being a principled person. There are things that we should or shouldn't do because it's #1 Biblical and #2 a principle of right and/or wrong {which is reinforcing Biblical principles}. If I can formulate what I'm thinking into a coherent post, you'll hear about it.

Really working on contentment right now. You know....needs vs. wants. Really, the Bible promises us food & raiment and we're supposed to be content. In our want-filled, covetous, rich, pompous society, I'm afraid Americans ideas of needs vs. wants are terribly askew.

Once again, so blessed by my cello teacher and my cello lesson this week. She.is.so.awesome.!!

Have a wonderful week!

No comments: