Sunday, October 11, 2009

this cracked me up!

I was taking a few kids home from church today and we were singing some songs to pass the time. Well, it was the little girl's turn to pick a song and she said she wanted to sing the "Bucket Song....you know the bucket...it comes from God."

I am thinking to myself, "Bucket?? Bucket song?" I started going through the visuals and trying to remember if any of the song visuals had a bucket on it.

Then, she started clarifying a little more by clapping and saying, "O."

Ohhhhhhhhh!!!

She wanted to sing "There is a Book and it came from God and the Bible is it's name-o. B-I-B-L-E. B-I-B-L-E. B-I-B-L-E. And the Bible is it's name-o."

If you say "book and it..." fast it can sound like bucket.

It reminds me of when I was a little girl and would sing, "And if the d-vil doesn't like it he can sit on a tack, sit on a tack, sit on a tack, and if the d-vil doesn't like it he can sit on a tack, sit on a tack, Tuesday." Instead of "to stay." As a little girl, I remember thinking, why not Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, or Monday? Why Tuesday?"

It's just funny how kids can interpret/hear things incorrectly.

2 comments:

Dear Abbi said...

I thought the same thing about "Tuesday" when I was a kid. :)

Rebecca at Cotton+Wood said...

Funny....great minds think alike! :)