Thursday, January 14, 2010

call me political

Today, I went to our Congressman's town forum.  Remember back in August when I went to his "town hall meeting?"  Oh yes, I was very energized after that! 

After that meeting, I signed up for our local tea party's updates. They keep us very informed and I have attended several of their events.  Have any of you been to a tea party event?  They are so fun to go to!

Well, after my first initial dive into staying informed {back in August}, I had determined in my mind to remember first and foremost that I am a CHRISTIAN.  It would be easy for me to become very involved simply out of momentum, excitement, and patriotism. 

Today, my purpose in going was simply to hear what Congressman Pete had to say.  I didn't want to ask any questions.  My conclusion:  I think he is all things to all men.  He sounded good to me today {in some areas} but I know he is simply a politician.  Actually, one citizen called him out on something that he had said in August and then said differently today.  Very keen observer! 

I could go on about all the things he said today and it would bore you but I do feel once again the urge to remind my readers to stay informed and contact your Congressman and/or Senators.  A friend sent me a link to a new website called Repeal It.  The idea is to continue to fight the health care bill and if it is passed, to begin efforts to repeal the bill.  Here is the website:  http://www.repealit.org/

I would love to know if any of you stay current with a tea party!  Our tea party is very energetic!  :)

2 comments:

Noelle O'Brien said...

An old man at my nursing home (Valpo Care) is a very enthusiastic tea party member! I've never been involved myself, but it is great to hear him encourage the young folks to get involved in their country's politics. He even sponsored a billboard on Lincoln Way! PTL for patriot Christians!

Jennifer said...

The wrestling part of your post, really stuck out to me! thanks for that! We do wrestle daily...sometimes it is an inward battle and sometimes it is an outward battle! But Praise the Lord we have One who is on our side!

Jennifer