Saturday, January 2, 2010

on my ipod-love this song!

In my time of trouble when God seemed far away
He brought me down upon my back and humbly there I lay.
Then I reached up with heavy hands, placed myself in His Master plan
And cried out, "God of Mercy, don't give up on me.

Chorus:
"Lord, don't give up, don't give up on me.
I've failed You, betrayed You, draw me closer to Thee."
I'm yearning for those nail-pierced hands to hold me tenderly
"So as I pray, Lord don't give up on me.".

A glimpse of hope I now can see, a glimmer of His light.
He's opened the windows of mercy, gates of grace swing open wide
The devil tempts and tries to destroy my soul and then he tries to steal my joy
But God holds the master key.  No, He won't give up on me.

Chorus
Chorus, again!

"So as I pray, Lord don't give up on me."

No comments: