Friday, January 8, 2010

snowman clips

 the front

The more years there are between me and student teaching, the less ideas I feel that I have for bus route and jr. church.  We didn't run our bus last week because of extreme snow in the county where we pick up, so I was able to delay the winter decorations on bus by another week. 

I had an AHA moment earlier today!  {love those!}  We pass out worksheets each Saturday for the kids to do and we encourage them to bring them on Sunday morning.  Sometimes, my Dad will hand out a prize for bringing their worksheets back but not always.  He does it randomly. 

As I was looking through my crafting stuff this afternoon, I found a whole bunch of clothespins that I had used for something else a while ago.  Snowmen + worksheets + clothespins + magnet strips = an idea!!

I downloaded a clip to our Print Artist program from Microsoft Office and added the name box at the bottom.  Printed these cuties off on cardstock.  Cut, add a name, then laminate, cut some more, add glue to the clothespin, attach the snowman, attach the magnet strip and boom!...do this 35 times and I'll have one side of the bus decorated.  My idea is that when they bring back their worksheet, they can pin them up instead of taping {like we normally do}.

the back



As I've mentioned before, please feel free to use this idea for yourself.  I'm always looking for new ideas and would love to help you out, too!

No comments: