Tuesday, January 19, 2010

So here we are!



This is me and Sara Smith.  We were best friends in kindergarten.

We found each other yesterday through our blogs.  Crazy!  And it was her that found me.  I can be so dense that I did not recognize her name on her blog.  And I do not have my last name on my blog so she had to ask me.  Wow!  It truly is a small world.

What do I remember about her?
Going to her birthday party which was themed as a dress-up tea party.
Going to her house to play.
I remember being best friends.
After she moved, the house she lived in on Calumet Avenue turned into a beauty salon.  I went to that beauty salon when it first opened because that's where my friend had lived.

Yesterday was so crazy!  There were lots of flurried emails being exchanged for almost an hour.  I had such an adrenaline rush that I was tired the rest of the night. haha!  :)

The only thing I can end this post with is WOW!

4 comments:

simplysanctified said...

Oh man - that picture brings back memories! We had some crazy fun times together as little girls. I so badly wish I was home to look at my old pictures!!

Lacey said...

Wild, wild, wild!!!

Rebecca at Cotton+Wood said...

Lacey - I'm still curious how you know Janelle. :)

Rachel said...

That's so funny and neat! It's funny because I read both of your blogs (and I know Anne does too) and I would have never guessed that you knew each other so well...so long ago! It's neat because I recently reconnected with an old friend from kindergarten in almost the same way - but with Facebook. Such fun!