Sunday, January 24, 2010

why? why? why?

WHY do I have hard time trusting God?  It's easy to trust in [this area] but harder to trust in [this area]. 

What in the world?

Once again, an excellent sermon was preached in church tonight.  The theme at our church this year is centered around revival.  Our pastor has a burden for our church to see revival. 

The sermon tonight was about seeking/needing the presence of God.  One of the areas preached on was that we cannot have the presence of God if we have an idol in our life.  The specific idol preached was the idol of self.  The Holy Spirit absolutely smote my heart that my idol of self is distrust.  I'm hanging on to whether or not I feel a certain way or have a specific emotion.  When the problem is that I am holding up my self idol of distrusting God.  I think sometimes God takes away a specific emotion so that we give all and simply trust Him

One of my fears in my little etsy business is that I get so used to looking up Scripture and giving it others that I fail to apply it to my life.  Scary.  Of course, I still read my Bible every day but my etsy business started because of a personal goal, a personal burden

I just want to say that I really need God.  Really, really need Him.  And I am scared of getting cold towards the things of the Lord.  Ever feel that way?  Do you have a hard time trusting?  I plan to memorize Scripture verses to combat that.  What do you do?  Do you have a favorite verse?

1 comment:

Sara N. Smith said...

Great post - Great reminder. When I start to feel overwhekmed or fearful about a given situation, it always helps me to remember that my Saviour has my best interests at heart. I can confide and lean on Him knowing that His way is the best!