Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY...January 7th

Outside my window...snow, snow, snow, snow and I am LOVING it!
I am thinking...about what I'm hearing on the radio right now; failures in the security department at the airport and it's extension into the current administration
I am thankful for...all of the snow we're getting...I've been waiting for it
I am wearing...green-striped elbow shirt, zip up sweatshirt, long jean skirt
I am remembering...about the b-ball game we went to last night for a teen girl that comes to our church
I am going...to church tonight
I am currently reading...through Matthew
I am hoping...I get everything accomplished on my list today
On my mind...a post I want to write
Noticing that...there are still leaves on one tree in our yard
Pondering these words...If God is putting you through a spell of submission, and you seem to be losing your individuality and everything else, it is because Jesus is making you one with him. -Oswald Chambers- {This quote meant a lot to me several years ago when I was going through a difficult time; I just recently came across the quote again and LOVE it!}
From the kitchen...I'm making scalloped potatoes & ham tonight for dinner
Around the house...the house looks great after some re-organizing efforts by my Mom the other day {I love getting rid of things.}
One of my favorite things...my warm boots
From my picture journal...















My Opa making our German rye bread last Thanksgiving...he is TOP DOG in our family for making rye bread!

CREDIT GOES HERE

2 comments:

Tori said...

Hi! It's been a while since I've heard from you...and I, for some reason, had lost your blog - maybe you changed your website address. But I'm back now and a follower! =)

Rebecca at Cotton+Wood said...

I'm glad you re-found me!! :)