Tuesday, January 26, 2010

ok, so last night...

Well, you must know that my parents go to bed "early," {whatever that means}.  And the kitchen is right above their bedroom {thank you, Mr. Bi-level}.  And as teenagers, we carefully avoided being too loud in the kitchen for fear of waking my dad @ night.

So, after work night at church last night, my brother went to get Chinese food at a local place.  I had a penchant for some ice cream to "soothe my stomach."  :)  It's 10:30pm, and my parents are in bed because my dad has to get up at the unearthly hour of 4am to get to the airport on time. 

Geoff and I are standing in the kitchen, leaning against the counter, not talking, just munchin'. 

Then we hear the quiet shut of the bedroom door downstairs, and hear my dad coming up the stairs.  We both just paused, hands poised above our bowls with eating utensils in hand and say, "Hi Dad."

He says, "I can't sleep so I thought I'd get some yogurt and granola."

We were absolutely cracking up.  Here it is, 10:30 at night and 3 of the 4 of us are standing in the kitchen, eating, and having a gab-fast.  It was so fun! 

We stayed up until a little after 11:30 talking about mortgages, mortgage companies vs. banks, buying houses {not my Dad}, and I don't even know what else.

Good memories! 

PS - And my Dad said today that he wasn't even tired even though he only got 4 1/2 hours of sleep.  (??..that definitely would not have been me.)

1 comment:

Mygloryallthecross said...

Yep it's those kinda nights that build memories...I've stayed up all hours of the night/morning too..sometimes it just seems like you can't sleep! :)