Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I'm lovin' it!

I am currently obsessed with the CD, Some of the Best, Volume 1,  from here.  I'm telling you, the genuine-ness of the words and the singer speaks directly to this little heart of mine.  I'm writing a post on this CD because it reminds me of old-fashioned Christians.  The Christianity of this man is the same as both of my grandparents.  I'm not saying that there aren't any people today {said dramatically} with the same kind of seriousness in Christianity, I'm just don't think it's as prevalent

There was a missionary here at our church in the fall and he was an Egyptian {that sounds so weird to type that but he was a native from Egypt which makes him an Egyptian}.  Anyways, he was a Christian.  One of the things he said in his sermon was how different it was to come to America because the pastors tell him when he has to be done preaching.  The Christians in Egypt are so eager to learn about Christ and the Bible that they do multiple Bible studies each week plus church -- with no time limit; they have prayer meetings, etc...It sounded so much like my great-great-Grandparents, Mumma and Bobba.  Hearing that man preach moved me so much.  I want that type of Christianity so badly!!  That's why I get so bugged about excess junk in a house and running around too much and having too many earthly things and seeking too much $$money$$--the root of all evil.  The suffering of this world causes us to long for Heaven.  And we're not going to get that unless we spend time with HIM!

Anyways, there's my diatribe that's been rattling around in my head for a while now.  I guess that's why I'm obsessed with this CD.  The Holy Spirit speaks to me through this man's ministry and I am moved.

Here's a few of my favorite tracks and why they're special:

::separation from the world...track 2::
::realizing how much the Creator loves me...and He gives me a choice to love Him...unbelievable..track 6::
::looking towards Heaven...track 14::
::seeing the loveliness of Christ...track 20:: {side note:  This song about makes me cry, the words are beautiful. There's a Pastor who has been coming to our Conference in April to preach for about 6+ years.  The way that man of God talks about a relationship with Christ is unbelievable!  One of his sermons last year brought tears to my eyes getting a visual picture of the loveliness of Christ.  This song does the same.  Sooooooooo beautiful!}

According to Al Smith's website, I can get a hymnal from here.  Incredible!  {It's on my to-do list, for sure!}

No comments: