Friday, March 5, 2010

little people

One of my winter goals is to read through the New Testament.  The other night, I was reading in Acts.  I was getting so many nuggets of truth that I had to grab a pen and jot the thoughts down before I forgot them.  Here's a post so that I don't forget.  {In other words, skip this post if you want to. ha.}

I love little people!  I mean little as in "lesser known." 

Here are some seemingly little people in chapters 8-11 of Acts.  But I'm confident that it was people like these who helped spread the Gospel of Christ throughout the known world at that time.

--Philip...surrendered to the Holy Spirit, led the eunuch to Christ {8:29-40}
--Ananias..."Behold, I am here, Lord." {9:10}
--Dorcas..."Full of good works and almsdeeds." {9:36}
--Cornelius..."A devout man, and one that feared God with all his house, which gave much alms to the people, and prayed to God always." {10:2}
--Barnabas..."For he was a good man, and full of the Holy Ghost and of faith." {11:24}

These people exemplify things that I'm working on in my life right now. 
#1 surrender 100% to the Holy Spirit...always
#2 Others, others, others first
#3 Prayer

No comments: