Friday, March 26, 2010

one of my favorites

This is one of my favorite Oswald Chambers' devotionals.

An extraordinary exhibition of submissiveness!  And "a disciple is not above his teacher."  Think of it:  *thirty years* at home with brothers and sisters who did not believe in Him!  We fix on the three years which were extraordinary in our Lord's life and forget altogether the earlier years at home, *thirty years of absolute submission*.  Perhaps something of the same kind is happening to you, and you say, "I don't know why I should have to submit to this."  *Are you better than Jesus Christ?*  "As He is, so are we in this world."  The explanation of it all is our Lord's prayer - "that they may be one just as We are one."  *If God is putting you through a spell of submission, and you seem to be losing your individuality and everything else, it is because Jesus is making you one with Him.*

--I am approaching 30 years.  Well, I'm definitely closer to 30 than to 20.--
--Submission to something that is not always easy to embrace.--
--No, I am not better than Jesus Christ!!--
--Ugh, sometimes I feel like I have absolutely NO individuality at all.  Living at home {yes, I love my parents and YES they understand what I'm saying here}, cleaning houses {no specific examples but definitely there isn't much individuality in cleaning other people's toilets-ha!}.  But the ultimate goal is to make me one with HIM...my Creator!  Awesome.  I'm willing, Lord, to wait so I can be more like YOU!--

Post edit:  my parents {especially Mom} understand how much I long to live on my own, specifically to be married.  They're awesome.  My Dad once prayed in family devotions:  "Please bring someone into Rebecca's life because she is ready to be married."  My Dad's great!  I say this because I don't resent living at home.  I don't want to give the wrong impression.  My heart's desire is simply to move on in my life!!

1 comment:

Julia said...

Thanks for sharing this great post! We are definitely in the same shoes and I know what you are talking about. Sometimes it is so hard to sit and wait for God's perfect timing.

I was wondering if I could feature some of your bus ministry posts on my blog: teachingforeternity.blogspot.com. I would need to use some of your pictures and I will be directing people to your blog. Please leave me a comment on my blog to let me know if this is ok or not.
Thanks so much!