Monday, August 17, 2009

one of my summer goals....accomplished!

I finally had the chance to go to an outdoor concert and it was held locally which was a huge plus.

Here's a picture of my awesome cello teacher. (Ok, this picture was taken from a great distance with the awesome zoom so it's not the greatest...I wish I had photog talent but unfortunately I don't. ) Anyways, but she's awesome...and so kind....and so encouraging....blah, blah, blah...I could go on all day. I love cello lessons and my cello teacher!!!
a picture from the ground where I was sitting
The girl in the formal dress won a scholarship from this orchestra. I believe she just graduated from high school. She was playing a cello solo backed by the orchestra. It was great!
Now this picture cracks me up. I kind of wanted to leave at intermission but after talking to Jen (my cello teacher), I decided to stay a bit longer. She said, "You can't miss Strauss." Well, I don't particulary like classical music (gasp!!). However, I do like to play it. So of course I had no idea who Strauss was. Well, on this one song, the audience clapped along while the orchestra played. It was so incredibly cool. I was laughing out loud and grinning because it was so fun. When I captured this picture of the director, he was "directing" us to clap loudly.
This concert was definitely a highlight of the summer for me. Oh...and to put the icing on the cake and to top off her awesomeness, my cello teacher called on Sunday afternoon and left me a message thanking me for coming to the concert. How cool!! So totally made my night.

No comments: