Saturday, August 29, 2009

this week's update

So sorry for the lack of blog posts.

One word: b-u-s-y!!

As I've mentioned before, I was blessed with an afternoon nanny/housekeeping job. But I still have my morning cleaning jobs (which is a huge bonus). It just makes for very long days. But it's good and I have been chastising myself anytime I catch myself semi-complaining. I had to stop cleaning one of my newest jobs. Long story but it basically just wasn't going to work out because of my afternoon nanny job. However, at church on Thursday night, a lady in our church asked me to clean her house. They have just moved/joined our church and they commute between their old home and their new home (here in IN). She doesn't want to clean two homes (understandable) and they live in the subdivision directly across the street from the subdivision with my nanny job. How cool is that?

Two words: so blessed!!

I do believe that it is true that the more things that you have to do, the more effective you are with your time. I am finding that increasingly true. Now that I feel like I'm never home, my priorities have been re-arranged. So if this blog seems a bit forgotten, you know why.

Three words: use time wisely!!

And lastly, I went with a friend to a hip coffee shop in the town south of us. Oh my goodness....it was so incredible. And a KNITTING GROUP MET THERE, too, while we were there. I was going to go over and ask the ladies if there was a membership fee, how often they meet, and if they minded a beginner but my friend and I talked so long that I never made it over there. Oh well...it's an incentive to go back. The coffee wasn't expensive and they put it in these cool, tall, clear glasses. Plus, I got to hang out with a like-minded friend my age which hasn't happened in a very.long.time.!! It was so refreshing. And, on the topic of friends, an old friend emailed me out of the blue. It's hard to keep up with long distance friendships and apparently our friendship had suffered because of that. What an encouragement that she emailed me!

Four words: friends can be awesome!!

multitude monday coming!

No comments: