Saturday, August 8, 2009

this week's re-cap

Hi ya'll!! I thought I'd update you on the happenings this week in my life!

First of all, my parents left for a vacation. Of course, I've made so many wonderful plans for delicious and fattening food. HOWEVER, I've barely cooked or baked! It's been one thing after another. We're having "supreme nachos" tonight. My junk-food-lovin' brother said that sounded so delicious to him. While I was in our local grocery store this afternoon, I saw a couple from my church with their sale paper and coupons in hand. I secretly cringed because I knew I didn't have one single coupon with me. The deals at this grocery store are supposedly AWESOME and INCREDIBLE and UNBELIEVABLE. But, my Mom and I fail to capitalize on one single deal. Oh well! Maybe the whole process will start making sense to me one day. :)

Here's a list of the menu I've made up so far:
*Saturday night - supreme nachos
*Sunday morning - peanut butter crunchy muffins (out of a Southern cookbook)
*Sunday afternoon/evening - cheeseburgers, feta cheese & tomato salad, and a vegetable side dish

This week, my brother and I also had the privilege of attending a White Sox game with a sweet couple in our church, the Edwards'. Geoff works as a bus captain under Mr. Edwards and Mrs. Edwards was my piano teacher when I was a child + a current blog reader. We had an awesome time!! As a bonus, the White Sox won! They beat the Angels which are currently the "best team in baseball". It was a pretty exciting night.

I have a lot more to do today in preparation for Sunday. Since my incredibly organized Mom is not here, I have to fill her shoes in getting everything together for the bus route tomorrow. I hope ya'll have a fabulous day in the Lord's House tomorrow.

Multitude Monday coming!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds fun! i'd love 2 do that sometime..but the problem is if my parents go anywhere..i have 3 older and 1 younger sibilings..so the olders assume they were left in charge of that..so whatever..have fun!(does ur bro. have a blog?)

In Christ,

Annie W.

Rebecca at Cotton+Wood said...

No, he doesn't!