Friday, August 21, 2009

wanna hear a blessing?

I have been looking on-and-off for a nanny job for a while. But I hadn't really found one that seemed to work. The problem and blessing with my cleaning schedule is that it varies from week to week. It's a blessing because it's easy to take off on a trip when I want. It's a problem because no work = no income.

Recently, there has been a few nanny jobs posted in our small town's paper. I bit the bullet and called the newest ad last Thursday.

I interviewed on Friday and didn't bring a list of references with me. (boo!) (In my defence, the mom didn't ask me to bring references with me...but still.) The lady basically said that I had the job but she still had a few other people coming in to interview and she promised to call sometime this week.

I finally got my references to her on Tuesday and was kind of sweating it out. I was berating myself that I didn't bring my references to the interview, etc. I kinda-sorta thought she would call on Wednesday or Thursday because she had hinted that she would contact me in the middle of the week.

Well, I got a call today and I GOT THE JOB!!! Woohoo!!

There are few things that are really awesome about this job.
  1. I can keep my morning cleaning jobs - bonus!
  2. It's also a housekeeping position so I get to help them come home to a clean house.
  3. I can get there when I want to start the housecleaning but I have to be there by 2:30pm which is when the boys will be home from school.
  4. The latest I will have to work on a given day is 5:30pm and that will probably only be on Fridays. Mondays & Wednesdays, I will drop the boys off at karate at 4:45pm. Tuesdays & Thursdays, I will drop the boys off at karate at 5:15pm. After I drop them off at karate, I'm done for the day. How cool is that?
  5. And, I can work up to 20 hours per week.

This really is such a blessing because I've been needing to supplement my income just a little. I've mentioned the indexing certification that I'm working towards but that is going to take a while. So in the meantime, I will be doing this.

Isn't God good?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow! amen!

~Annie W.