Friday, February 19, 2010

Dear sunshine,

Hello, friend!  It is so nice to see you again after your not-so-brief hiatus over the past 1 1/2 months.  I have really enjoyed having you around two days in a row.  And your warmth allowed your friend, temperature, to reach into the low 40's on Thursday and Friday.  What a treat!

Yesterday, I dressed too warmly while out running errands.  I was hot.  But I was thankful. 

Today, I took a rare nap on our heat-less back porch because you decided to show up.  It was lovely. 

Spring has never looked so promising.  I know you may be hiding behind the clouds on Monday while we get more snow but please, please, please don't forget about us.

Love,

Rebecca

PS...You have made my Mom happy, too.  She is in her favorite chair soaking up the sunshine after teaching as I type this.

No comments: