Monday, February 15, 2010

finally, finally, finally!

My weekend was great!

On Saturday afternoon, I went to hear a candidate speak in a town about 35 minutes away.  It was at this cafe:


Isn't that an incredible name?  I got hot tea {again} and sat in a crowded, hot room.  But it was oh-so-worth-it for little Miss-Concerned-Conservative-Me.  I'm not 100% convinced that I will vote for this candidate in the primary in May.  I agree with everything he said, I just personally think there may be a more qualified {as in...experience} candidate.  Anyways.  We'll see.  I had a fantastic time!

THEN....later on that night, I was talking to a friend on the phone and my Mom comes back to my room and says, "There are some people here to see you."  ???!!!  I walked out to the front of the house and some very sweet girls from my church were there with a rose dipped in gold, DD hazelnut coffee (!!), a bag of chocolates, and a card.  These particular girls + one that was not there are very special to me.  I spent a day with them last semester when they had a day off of school.  They are so sweet and CUTE!!  I do not remember being that put together in high school - haha! 

I put all of my Valentine's stuff together on my desk.  Here's everything from the girls, plus a card from my parents, a card from my Mom {so I received two from her}, a handmade Valentine from the girl who was not able to come over on Saturday night, and a box of chocolates & chocolate rose from my parents.  Awesome!  Enough chocolate to last me for a whole WEEK!  :)  {I'd better stretch into at least two weeks or I will have to cut back on some sweet tea!}


PS...the adorable latte cup on the left was not a gift but I included it in the picture.  I bought it at Target on December 26th...a little early for Valentine's but I couldn't resist CUTE!  And the glass jar is filled with yummy heart candy that I have had for....a while.  :)

No comments: