Saturday, February 6, 2010

I've been thinking a lot lately about being crucified with Christ, crucifying my flesh, and eternity.  A lot.  And I also am a very firm believer in the fact that I {we} put too much value in stuff and that we possess too much stuff.  I even think I depend too much on having certain things to entertain or enliven or evangelize the ministries that I am involved in rather than depending soley on our Heavenly Father.

I've really been enjoying reading through Luke.

Here's what I'm talking about written out in Scripture.

"Go your ways:  behold, I send you forth as lambs among wolves.  Carry neither purse nor scrip, nor shoes..." [Luke 10:3-4]

I don't think that it's wrong to use things to illustrate or tell a story or make Sunday school, Junior Church, or Master's Club more enjoyable but it shouldn't be the main focus.
Thoughts, anyone?!

1 comment:

Julia said...

Great thoughts! I definitely agree that our society focus too much on entertainment even in our Baptist churches. It shows the sad state of our nation's spiritual condition.