Sunday, February 21, 2010

{this is my 199th post - whoop!}

Why does it seem like when I think I'm fully 100% surrendered, I realize there's still so much more to surrender?

But I think that is a good thing.  God wants all of my life.  If I want to please Him, want to have rewards in Heaven, want to be used by Him, I had better be 100% surrendered.  I think that may be why we're not looking forward to Heaven enough.  We're holding too tightly onto the things of this world.  We're not ready to meet Him because we haven't given ourselves to Him completely and we know we wouldn't hear, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant."  At least, that applies to me. 

I have been shedding a lot of tears in the last 24 hours.  Good tears.  Surrendered tears.  Praise tears.  Thankful tears. 

I know in the past, I have under-estimated the value of "...pastors and teachers; for the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:  Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ." {Ephesians 4:11-13} 

I am so blessed by the teaching I have received in the past 24 hours!

Last night, I was reading Keep a Quiet Heart by Elisabeth Elliot.  Excellent book!  It has helped me so much over the past 3+ years.  I could basically type out almost the entire book for multiple blog posts that's how much I heart it!

Then tonight's sermon in church was excellent.  It was about worry and discontentment.  The pastor who preached tonight called them "comfort sins."  I've definitely been struggling with worry.  And I know I have been struggling with it.  But I wasn't facing it as a sin but more as a character flaw.  But the Lord just used that sermon so specifically in my life.  Very specifically.  Very clearly.  Very instrumental, to say the least!

I don't know how surrender and worry tie into one blog post but it's just what's been on my heart yesterday and today.

No comments: