Friday, July 10, 2009

All work and no play....

So I've had two free fun days in a row this week. So unbelievable. On Wednesday, I went downtown Chicago with a friend (K), one of her daughters (A), and her best friend (J). It was in celebration of A's birthday. We rode the train to Chicago and both of the girls were free both ways because they were under 13 and we weren't traveling during rush hour. That was an awesome blessing! We did some shopping and ate at a fabulous restaurant that I'm going to drag my parents to one of these days. :)

Side note: As far as shopping, I finally bought my first White Sox tshirt. I've been wanting one for a while.

On Thursday, I got to put the White Sox shirt into use because I went to a Sox game with a family that I work for. They won 4 tickets (and great parking) at a charity auction they went to earlier this spring. Her husband recently took a job out of state so he wasn't able to go with the family. So they invited me. It was great fun! I really love going to Sox games. They're such a treat because I don't go very often. However, the family that I went with were Cle. Indians fans so that made a little competition. I really can't believe that the Indians won because the Sox had been clobbering them in the days prior to Thursday. All in all it was a great outing and I was back for church in time, which was important. :)

This week, I feel like I have been showered with blessings. They have all been little things but to me they are huge. So it's been an incredible week!

No comments: