Wednesday, July 1, 2009

may I be an encouragement?

Sometimes, I feel like I give-give-give of myself in areas and see absolutely no return. It can be discouraging. I don't know if any of ya'll have ever felt this way before.

But don't forget, "...whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap." (Galatians 6:7)

I was reminded of this last night after my cello lesson. My cello teacher is AWESOME!! And I was so blessed as I left my lesson last night. I was her last student and she could have easily packed me out the door at 8pm sharp. But she didn't. I was there at least an extra 10 minutes. It may seem like a small thing but she had been teaching since 3pm and she simply took extra time with me. And she said that she was glad to end the day with me. Wow! She is such a blessing to me. (And I do believe that she is a Christian!)

So as I was walking to my car, I was reminded that I do get blessed for my efforts. Even if it's not necessarily in the direct capacity that I have given of myself, I am still rewarded.

"...whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap."

No comments: