Tuesday, July 21, 2009

keeping time

I know these are terribly unassuming pictures. But I was working in the kitchen this morning and thought I'd tell you a little story.

My mom has had this little daily flip calendar for years. It's made up of quotes and portions of sermons from Dr. Bob, Sr. When she was sick, we would only flip the calendar if she was home. It was our way to keep track of when the last time Mom had been home.

I was looking at it this morning and realized that we haven't flipped the calendar in a few days. It's now July 21st and it hasn't been flipped since Sunday, July 19th. That means that Mom has been gone since Monday.

Do ya'll have any interesting, quirky, unique ways of keeping time or an unassuming tradition?



It has fallen in the dishwater a few times over the many years as you can see by the warped pages.
Here it is sitting perilously close to the edge!

No comments: