Monday, December 21, 2009

fall goals, recap

mission, accomplished:

finish reading the Bible through
Bible songs flip chart
start quilt

mission, in progress:

start quilt
organize idea notebook
finish course ONE of indexing course

I put "start quilt" under both catergories because I did start it; I washed and dried the material. :) But that's barely started. I'm glad that's at least done but I was hoping to piece the quilt.

The idea notebook is continually on my goals list because it is totally a work in progress. Have I explained what my idea notebook is? Basically, I collect magazines and after I'm tired of looking through them, I dissect them. {Side note: you would not believe how many ads are in one magazine.} I cut/rip out any recipes, decorating ideas, how-to's, etc...and put them in a big, fat notebook that I have. My current challenge is deciding how I want the notebook organized. That's the beast. By month? By topic? By column? The whole idea of the notebook is so I have a place to put articles and recipes as I encounter them through magazines, the newspaper, and the web.

Lastly, the indexing course has fallen by the wayside due to the successes I have seen in my etsy store. I would still like to develop the indexing career. However, I was completely intimidated and disenchanted when I went to the indexing conference at the beginning of November. Totally. But that doesn't mean I don't want to pursue it in the long run.

Winter goals:

~idea notebook~
~quilt~
~handmade gifts inventory~
~read Wives and Daughters~
~Scripture memorization~
~read the New Testament~

No comments: