Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I'm rich!!

My Dad is a CPA so number-crunching is something we do around here.  I take after my Dad in that way.  I don't like Trigonomety, Geometry, Calculus, etc...but I love elementary math.  I tutored a girl for over a year in Math.  It was while she was in 5th-6th grade.  I loved helping her with her math homework.  That's my type of math!  :)  Sometimes, though, I'm a bad number-cruncher.  You know how guys are just better at things like directions, north-south-east-west type of things, and I think, personally, they are better with numbers and money.  Girls, sometimes are clueless.  Not every girl.  But I think more girls than guys.  And yes, I'm admitting a need for improvement in this area.  The Proverbs 31 woman was a business woman as well {see verses 13-18}.

I am literally cracking myself up tonight because I was checking my bank account online today and thinking to myself, "You are broke, girl, totally, totally broke!"  But I feel so RICH!!!  I look around me and I can't help but shake my head and praise God.  I'm not rich; I'm blessed!  So blessed.  I don't feel poor at all even though my banker would probably advise me to get another job.  :)  A few months ago, I signed up at mint.com.  It's a great website.  One of the figures it gives is a person's net worth.  I remember looking at that and thinking, "I cannot believe that's my net worth.  I don't feel that poor at all."

We are so rich and blessed in America and I think that the majority of us don't even realize it!!  Have you looked around at your life and started laughing in wonderment at how blessed you really are?  Just take a moment and look around your apartment, bedroom, or house and realize how much we have.  We're so rich!!  Ever since my brother has been back from Africa, he's made several comments about how blessed we are.  He and I went to the grocery store last night to pick up a few last minute items for our New Year's Eve party tomorrow night.  He was shaking his head as we were walking out the door.  He just kept saying, "We are so blessed.  We are so blessed."

Do you really, I mean really thank God for your food.  No.  Stop.  I mean actually say and mean it in a heartfelt way.  Thank you SO MUCH, Lord, for this delicious and wonderful food.  Or is it just a habitual routine?  We're so rich and blessed and wealthy in America.

3 comments:

simplysanctified said...

Just stopped by your blog for the first time! May the Lord bless you and your family and give you a joyful New Year!!

Anna said...

It's so very true! So many people around the world would be thankful just to have a minimum wage job in the United States. So many people would love to not have to worry about where their next meal is coming from, or how to feed their children. I don't think we can be reminded enough about how blessed we are, and how we need to store our treasure in heaven!

It's nice to "meet" you through blogging... I like your blog design! :)

Noelle O'Brien said...

What a beautiful blog, Becca! Thanx so much for your friendship and letting me read what's dear to your heart! It is a great blessing.

I really liked this post. People in other countries live fine as they are; I know, I grew up very happy in Kharkov. But we were always dreaming of America - dreaming, planning, hoping to one day step onto the pavement of a USA airport. Praise the Lord that dream came true for some of my friends, and for me just a little over a year ago!

Now that I'm back home in Ukraine for the holidays, I found it curious to see the adaption from one culture to another. God gives blessings to everyone, everywhere: in family, health and love - but truly, as happy as we are across the world, there is something unique about God's blessings to America.

Praise the Lord for America. Praise the lord for His blessings everywhere!

Have a great New Years!